From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Friday, May 16, 2008

Colors!

They have little descriptions written on them... But here are the digital descriptions.

Aidan's Room:

Geryson's Room:

Ummm. I think this one is James' room. Yes, Jame's room colors. But the colors are a little off... the tip bedroom color is not pink... it's an off white and the one that says bathroom is all wrong! It's teal in real life.
This picture gets the hues more correct. The 'bathroom' and the 'kitchen' are best in this picture... however the kitchen colors are not for James' kitchen... They are the colors I want. I'm still working on James' kitchen. I'm thinking bright beachy colors... and the bathroom is for the one he will redo. It's an accent color that will be matallic in real life and go on the wall behind the sink. I saw a cool rope net thing that could go over a shower curtain... I'm going crazy with ideas.

5 comments:

Yamaha Drummer said...

I think James needs more masculine tones in his room... but that's just me.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Good Work Arren! We are going to have so much fun when you come to town. I am way excited. I agree with the drummer- I don't love James' room colors. We might have to talk about this when you are here.

James Quigley said...

Pirates don't have pink rooms.

But I love you sis. And this pirate is so happy that you think about him that he may just paint his house whatever you say...or make the cargo/slaves paint it whatever color ye say.

Be3sides. Real pirates don't have houses anyways...they have ships.

Peachblossm said...

Ha.

It's not pink... I swear!

The colors are light grey, blue and white. Very manly colors... however scanners are not always friendly to my paint chips. :P

Yamaha Drummer said...

Don't worry James, Scotty and I will have an intervention on the paint samples.

BTW, the only time I hired an interior decorator I heard this phrase...
"It's not pink, it's Mauve!"