From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This time you get to tag yourself!

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.
It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember for one of your birthday parties we made candles, and I still have mine! I thought that was so cool! And stake dances were always a hit! ;)

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Playing Ticket to Ride with Ben and I!

Janika said...

When we moved to Coppell we were told to get a hold of you by my mother in law. It felt like a blind date. I don't remember what we did the first time we got together, was that burnouts and donuts in the Chevelle in the parking lot after a movie? Since then, best of friends.

Yamaha Drummer said...

Mmmmm... Donuts.