From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Saturday, July 28, 2007

Doctors and checkups and PILLS!!

Woo hoo.

I went to the doctor on Friday. I got a recomendation from a family friend who uses her and works for Lennar and so we have the exact same medical insurance and coverage and stuff.

Dr. Garrett is great. I had my first ever well woman check up. Yes, it really is cold. I told her I needed to get back on Welbutrin... please. and that I was feeling a little bloated and generally stuffy. When I told her depresson runs in the family along with cancer, diabetes, and lazy eye... she gave me three perscriptions. Welbutrin, an anti inflamitory and birth control?!?!

I told her of my horrific experiences last time I took oral contraceptives. Everything backfired and it was longer stronger and in bed for two or more days instead of just one... yuck to say the least.
Evidently this go round I'll be working towards a bloodless cycle WooHoo! BUT it may take up to a year to get the tissue build up cleared and the hormones to not build up more tissue. I can wait because I told my boss I'd be there at least three years and I'll be at home with a baby when we have one, thank you very much.

But now I'm back on my meds... for one pills-worth so I'm not really feeling any different, still light headed, crabby and tired, but not nauseus any more! I'm excited to stop shaking and to get on a regular eating cycle again.

Oh and hopefully I'll be working out again soon. Crystal is back in town, and she wants to work out so when she has her baby in 5 months she'll lose weight faster and stuff. My visiting teacher is all over working out too, just to keep fit, but getting up as early as she'd need to is not so fun. ALSO Mike nd Janika said they'd like to come over and work out in the evenings. That'd be awesome... so perhaps Ill get my act together and actually DO it sometime.

2 comments:

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I am suppose to take Wellbutrin too, but I forget most of the time. That's why I'm usually not a very fun person to be around.
As far as working out, you can join me if you want, but I'm not sure our schedules will work out. I go to the gym (LA Fitness) M,W,F 8am, and I rollerblade at Coppell Rec Center T, TH 9am-10:30am.

Unknown said...

That would be awesome. Unfortunately I have to be at work at 8 everyday.
I really appreciate it. You are welcome to come and work out with Crystal Sun and I at 5:00 AM... if you want to.