From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Thursday, July 5, 2007

Babies, Babies EVERYWHERE!!

You know when you never notice, say, a particular model of a car until you buy one? Then it's everywhere!!

I'm noticing babies all over the freaking place! Everyone is either having babies, just had babies or is adopting pets (aka their baby) or posting about pregnancy and deliveries...

I don't even need a test to know that I'm not pregnant... so why am I noticing the kids?!?

The other day I was bemoaning the fact that James is moving (tomorrow is the sad day)...er no... We were looking at houses and Scott mentioned he could start a family in the house that he really liked. I said something to the effect that James could stay living with us if we moved out to that part of town.
Then Scott said that we'd want our own family, not a ready-made one.

I dunno, ready made is working great for me so far.

I've been thinking about ready made families a lot after Scott's comment.

Ready made is still sounding good.

Oh James, don't leave and take your ready made family away from me...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Where is James moving to? Why? :(

Janika said...

James is moving because it's all part of the great plan. Sometimes our plans are not consistent with the great plan, and our thoughts are not God's thoughts. Your body is trying to tell you something. My baby is due in February or March. Hurry up so we can have play dates together. :) :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Oh, my. Please tell me you're not serious, Janika. Yes, nearly every female has biology that encourages her to reproduce, but God gave us thought and reason and asked us to show our gratitude by using it. Having play dates together or doing it just cuz, well, everyone else is, is a REALLY dangerous reason to invite a child into your family. I would love to talk with you more about this privately, Arren, if you're willing. luv ya

Q said...

Ask for a calling in the nursery. Heh.

James Quigley said...

Ha...

I don't think it will actually happen... unless I'm the last to know about it.

Unknown said...

umm... that last comment was from the blossm- peach... not James... in regards to actually getting pregnant... so yeah,..yeah...