From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Monday, August 23, 2010

Things

I'm into:
TV shows
reading other people's blogs
commenting on a select few
crafts
watercolors
embossing
sewing
building
organizing / cleaning
cooking ... I'm learning
washing dishes with gloves... to keep my hands pretty
reading book group books
reading for pleasure
reading to learn skills

I want to :
*yoga
learn to run
oh, all right just get fit swimming, biking, dancing
*journaling
possibly blogging... maybe
family history
*interactive teaching and learning with Jaedyn (<- read preschool or just more quality time)
*eat healthier and remember to take vitamins etc
work with acrylics and embossing meduims
work on canvas
de-clutter and get rid of stuff (AH! I can't let go)
keep reading more book group and pleasure and skills stuff
go to school for design or architecture

There is only so much time in a day... I need to get organized. Maybe if I work on one something each day... hmm.

EDIT Christy hooked me up with Habitforge.com and I have added the starred items as habits to track. I'd add more but some are weekly things, like family history, it's a great Sunday afternoon activity. Some are monthly things, like book group reading. I sure hope this helps me get motivated to do the things I want to do.
Thanks Cisty!

2 comments:

Christine said...

You should check out this website - habitforge.com.

You can set up habits you want to create and it will ask you every day if you were successful until you have 21 days in a row. It REALLY helped me stay accountable when I wanted to start doing more things I had been letting fall to the sidelines.

Unknown said...

Cool. Thanks! I'm looking in to it right now.