From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Family Picture

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness congratulations you guys!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Wow, Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you both! You totally deserve to be a Mother! You will be amazing at it. Good luck with the pregnancy!!!!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Your baby is beautiful!!! Congrats!

Janika said...

Told ya so! I am as excited as stink for you--and me--and my babies.

Yamaha Drummer said...

Yeah! Way to go Scotty!... and you too Arren. LOL! just kidding we love you guys and are excited that you are starting your family.

Brooke S said...

Congratulations!!!!! Hooray!!!!

Unknown said...

Ahh, I am so excited for you! You will be such an amazing mommy:) I just want to give you a big hug, congrats, congrats, congrats!

Unknown said...

ps this isn't joseph its alison:)

Ruth said...

Ack! This is so totally awesome! Congratulations you two! I'm so excited for you, and for your baby since he or she will have two of the coolest parents in the world.

James Quigley said...

It's just a little squirmer! Kindof looks like an Ovarian booger.

I wonder what the heck it does all day. It must be bored just making more cells. I guess it squirts approval juices and barf-command juices out periodically depending on the food.

Eat more meat for it to be a boy...and not the organic meat either. The steroid-juiced kind.

Are you playing Mozart to the peanut to counteract some of it's fathers genetics? You may need to get some belly-speakers.

Hang on there, little guy! Don't come out before you have hands! I wouldn't want to have to call you stumpy or stub-model or nub-knee or any other embarassing uncly type fun.

DLonna said...

Arren,

I just found your blog through Janika. I am so glad I did. Congrats!!!!! I hope you are feeling well.

D'Lonna