From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my eyes and my brain hurt... I must be doing too much computer work

But then again, my feet hurt too, so it might be pregnancy...

Here are some pictures. Baby stuff and feeding the ducks / turtles / fish.

We are sanding off the old dark stain from my rocking chair. Scott started working on it in the living room and this happened...
So I asked him to move outside. Yesterday when I got home for lunch I found Scott like this:
Out on the porch, in the cold, sanding the rocking chair for me! Thanks Bae'doll!

Here is a comparison shot of the wood tones. I love how the grain of the wood saturated with the stain and still is dark. It looks soo cool. I hope you can see it in the picture.
We went out and bought a bed for Jaedyn. We debated on the type of sleeping arrangement to get her, and a packNplay is the best choice for us right now. We're planning on using it until she moves to a bed. Inside is the first baby gift we've received. Our neighbors who have a 3 month old little girl of their own got us a Baby bijorn Carrier! They are awesome!



This is a closeup of the embroydery on the crib. It's not very lady bug... so i've started going to town with my new seam ripper. It will be lady bug soon enough!
Two Catfish in one frame!!

I threw some bread and this clever duck caught it on his back as a snack for later :)
Catfish maw, they come to the surface and open their mouth and SUCK the food from the surface before they dart back under the muddy water.
A cute turtle with a mouth full of bread. Yum!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I really like that packNplay. Those are nice with the changing table right there with it. Takes up a lot less space too! I'd say it was a really good decision. Plus, it looks like a bigger one so she'll be able to stay in it longer. And that is SO nice of your neighbors! Wow!

Janika said...

Working with wood is awesome.

Yamaha Drummer said...

Mmmmmmmmmm... Ok I'll play nice...