From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Sunday, August 3, 2008

Big shout out to Janika for coming to the "Breaking Dawn" release and being all giddy and girly, *cough* I mean mature and grown up with me.
Pretty much the book is perfect. I almost didn't tell Scott what happens in a vain hope that he would be interested enough to read it himself. Alas, I caved. AND truth be told he never was more than mildly interested in weather or not I liked it. Not what happens, just if I liked it.

*sigh* Maybe one of these days.

I woke up from our Sunday afternoon nap (which is probably my very most favorite part of the week) and wanted to make things. I have clothes I was going to cut down to size so i can have button-ups that fit, and I want to make baby things. I am ready to be ready for my baby. Too bad I have 5+ months left until the little guy gets here.

I am also debating where to put the baby, in my head it's a boy, my favorite options right now are clearing out the walk-in closet and converting it into a baby room, or just putting everything in the front room. If I did the front room, we'd be closer to him, and actually utilizing the space. But it's so bright! So, we'll see.

2 comments:

Janika said...

My apartment baby slept in the living room. They don't mind the bright.

♥Lexi Luee♥ said...

Awwwe ((((: I'm so excited for you girl! Hahh. Well... hummm... I don't know what to say hehe.. I saw the baby ticker thing and it freaked me out because I didn't know what it was until I saw the words.... (((: I lovee youus ((: