From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Monday, March 31, 2008

Franklin Covey

I have one. I found it. I am SO excited. Now, I have decreed, that I will not be so flippin freaked out by life.

I was telling my Visiting Teachers about my day Friday when I had a toothache that made me sick to my stomach and took some vikaden on an empty stomach and puked into my trash can at my desk... Allison suggested I have anxiety. Hmmm. Probably something to look into.

but back to my covey. I made a personal mission statement. It was fun... I even gave up rock band time to work on it. (that is impressive)

Here it is in all it's glory:

I am a spirit daughter of Deity who loves me. I will grow to become like my Father and Mother through:
Adaptability
Righteousness
Honesty
Cooperation
Loyalty
Integrity
Determination
Meekness
Graciousness
Knowledge
Charity and
a Healthy Lifestyle

I will banish each base emotion and forgive readily.
I will not fear for I know I am watched over and protected.
I am an example and I will teach as much as I learn.
I will learn as much as possible.
I will hold faith and family first.
I will become the best person I am able.
I will not look to others for a measure of my personal progression.
I will accept myself.
I will achieve exaltation.

Angela said it was good...like 'general authority good'. *cheesy smile*

4 comments:

Janika said...

Yeah, it's time for me to get back in gear. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Hi, my name is Alicia. I am a friend of James and I happened upon your blog (ok, really, I am a blog stalker). I love your personal mission statement. You are on your way to greatness and great happiness. I want to copy it :)

Unknown said...

Beautifully stated.

Just a note to let you know I haven't forgotten your jewelry. I should just ship it seperate from Janika's package or I should just ship Janika's package and get a move on!