From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Wednesday, March 12, 2008

bah

Well that's not a good way to start off a post, I know!

However that's how I feel. The weeks are dragging by so slowly. Tuesdays are the day from hell and it just the beginning of the week! AHHH!

I've tricked myself into going to the guy the past couple nights. It's fun to feel like I'm being healthy again... sorta.

I'm REALLY REALLY out of shape. I was doing an average of 5.5 mph today and I could only go for about 35 minutes. Hmm. Not quite up to the Andrus standard... But someday i will be fit and cute like Britta. I probably could have pushed it to 40 minutes but I almost fell off as it was. Then I worked on my arms and hips, cause you KNOW those need workin' on. Or maybe you don't. They do.

I'm singing in our ward's production of Women at the Well. I got the smallest insy-tiny song. I fell kinda bummed cause I used to be a good vocalist. I WON MEDALS FOR SINGING! But I have not sung anything since we got married, so I guess I'm out of shape in that area too.

I'm feeling homesick for family, too. I miss the encouragement and positive attitudes.

PS Jamies, I can't find an old guy to blow a kiss to. What should I do?

1 comment:

Janika said...

Cute like Britta? You are adorable! I need to get in shape, too. Yes, I have 2 month old twins, and got right back to my pre-preg weight, but my tummy is flabby and yuck, and I gained 4 pounds on hospital food. Lets get together!