From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

I had a great birthday. The office took me out to eat, Scott to me to a swanky restraunt for dinner and James got me an awesome present.

It's a journal, a nice wooden one, and on EVERY page he wrote something for me to do that will help me to be happier. How cool is that?!

He is leaving on the 21st. That's the day we are leaving for Hawaii. We will be Christmas-ing in Hawaii this year. I'm stoked.

Becca asked me to sing a duet with her for the ward Christmas party.

We have added Google calender, and it's been fun to play around with.

I have been scrap booking the pictures that were abandoned at James' house. Many of them have stuff written on the back, so I am making those corner sticker things so the picture is not permanently affixed to the page. I don't have the time or money to go out and buy them so I'm making mine out of tape. It's pretty cool.

Also check out "Dear Body," on youtube.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What!? Hawaii!? Jealousy abounds inside me!

Michelle said...

oh, and I'm glad you had a good birthday!