From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Monday, September 10, 2007

Who sorts the mail?

How dare he!

I work really hard to do things really well and I take pride in my work. Who does he think he is to question my competence at my job! I "sort the mail", and I don't lose the bills. I have procedures. I have standards that I hold myself to. I work well because I allow myself to be anal about the job I am doing. Whatever it is. If the bill is missing, it's because I NEVER GOT IT!

"Stupid Fetcher!" - quote from Morrowind

If you can't read the e-mail I sent you why are you in Corporate management?!
I don't need some one who cannot read to be telling me that I am not doing my job well. Not to mention that I had FIXED the problem as much as is possible. And THEN I went to him. Geeze, It's not like I'm asking for a lot. Just look up the payment history, Tell the stupid people that we have either payed them already and they are retarded, or that we haven't. Not that it was Arren's fault. I have filled out the payment request and sent them in to YOU at corporate. And then I will fill out another request that I requested in advance, and we will pay them. There is no need to freak out my manager. No reason to be rude to me.

AH, done venting. I think.

now that I am more rational... He might not have meant to be so offensive. It was my decision to take the comment personally. I don't need to hang on to it. But I do need to let my manager know about it. * sharp nod* . Yes. First thing tomorrow. And if he tries to pull anything tomorrow, I'll go straight away to management... no matter if she has left or not. I have the cell numbers. I don't need to take any more steps down that path, anger and the dark side lie there...

EDIT.

I think I am good at doing these numbers. WOOHOO! It's like the first time ever.
K. so 'he' gets these emails where I have spelled out in detail what is going on. But he evidently can't read or can't add and subtract. It makes perfect sense to me and I can explain it to him or anyone using the numbers. Never thought I was that good at math. who knew!

I'm still upset that he is not moving past the first e-mail. Evidently not reading about what is going on and all. But I am feeling much better now.

4 comments:

WCRX-LP Editorial Collective, said...

Any redeeming qualities???...will you get a performance based raise at the end of the year...how about a bonus???....and is the bonus relative to his own???...does he take you to lunch and pay for it???...will his pique show up in your performance evaluation???...does he send you a post card when he is on business travel???

Unknown said...

not really. He has nothing other to do with my job, my pay or my life than this occasion. He lives in another state and I have never spoken with him. Perhaps if I knew him then I would know better how to take his comment.

WCRX-LP Editorial Collective, said...

Time to sort the "male"....

What category to put him in???...

Stressed out???...

Ambitious???...

No manners???

Vain???

Egotistical???

Insensitive???

Worthless???

Drunk???

Drunk with power???

Immature???

Victim of a cruel girl friend???

Victim of a cruel wife???

Victim of a cruel mother???

I hope the "sort the 'male'" line was amusing....

Nick said...

I just had to give props for the Morrowind reference. :-)