From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Whas'goin on...

I just finished writing out a letter to our apartment explaining why they needed to pay us 2 or 3k. They rifled through and broke/ damaged our stuff.

They will pay.

We have no bed... just a mattress on the floor. Oh, yes, they will be paying us back for the damages and the time.

In Addition.

Jen has left with my nephews. She left James on a whim and is in Washington for an undetermined amount of time. I miss my boys.

In addition. I joined the fantasy football league at work.

I have no idea how football works, much less fantasy football...

In Addition.

I met Wes Staub and his wife Katie at a volleyball game last night. I grew up with his family and now he is living in our old ward in Richardson. Also there at the game was a guy I am SURE was in my study hall Sophomore year of HS.... Chris... I'm just sure, I'll have to go to another game and ask him.

Hey did you flirt with me in study hall back in high school??

hehe..

Tha's about it.

Oh, yeah, and Scott just bought me a new washer and dryer!! THIS washer and dryer.

No comments: