From Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale

People disappear when they die. Their voices, their laughter, the warmth of their breath. Their flesh. Eventually their bones. All living mempry of them ceases. This is both dreadful and natural. Yet for some there is an exception to this annihilation. For in the books they write they continut to exist. We can rediscover them. Their humour, their tone of voice, their moods. Through the written word they can anger you or make you happy. They can comfort you. They can perplex you. They can alter you. All this, even though they are dead. Like flies in amber, like corpses frozen in ice, that which according to the laws of nature should pass away is, by the miracle of ink on paper, preserved. It is a kind of magic.

--Diane Setterfield



Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall in Redmond

Jaedyn and I were in Downtown Redmond yesterday running errands. It was so pretty that we had to come back with Scott when I had my camera.
This tree is so brilliantly red. It was well defined by the green trees behind it, and we think it was one of our favorites.


This is the green tree next to the red one. Notice the random red branches UNDER the green ones.
Scott and Jaedy taking a walk.
The trees change color in different patterns. I remember Grandpa O. telling me about it. Some change from top to bottom and others from bottom to top.
Posted by Picasa
Even the bushes are changing color.
These trees are my favorite. They are awesome! They have just about every color of the rainbow, some all on one tree. With the sun behind them, they really look on-fire.
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa
And then we saw these, purple, leaves. How cool is that!?!
In other news, it was really misty one day. I took Dylan to the park and at 9:30AM the soccer field looked like this:
Back to downtown, we were so hungry after our photo trip downtown that we stopped at the first food lace around. Carolina BBQ. Holy Cow! it was Dang Good. We split a platter with ribs, shredded pork and pot roast, fried okra and corn bread. It fed us both until we couldn't make room for dessert.
I dresses Jaedyn up for church today (usually Scott does that). She looked so cute. It's hard to tell but we've got her hair up in a alfalfa sprout! She is growing hair!
We saw this cool flower arrangement and then saw it was stuck in a pumpkin. How festive. Maybe someday I'll be that decorative.
Until then I'm enjoying the picture.

2 comments:

Janika said...

When I was living in New England a Decade ago I drove from southern New York to northern New York in the fall. The deciduous forests were ablaze with color. The hillsides were stunningly brilliant. There are not that many places with fabulous falls like that. I am glad you are enjoying the spectacle--and sharing it with us.

Ruth said...

Gorgeous gorgeous pics! You guys are so cute. I love reading what you are up to. And the new way of posting* is hilarious. I enjoy it.



*regarding newer posts^

^not this post